Nuance Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) and Hyundai announced today the development of a new voice-enabled infotainment system with Nuance’s automotive-grade Dragon Drive platform. Hyundai’s vision for its next-generation connected cars is on display at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show in the North Hall, Booth 315.
Hyundai’s new infotainment system deeply integrates Nuance’s Dragon Drive natural language understanding automotive voice platform to showcase the power of conversational interfaces as part of a safer, smarter in-car experience. Hyundai’s next-generation of cars will include natural language voice-enabled phone dialing, message dictation, destination entry – by address or point of interest – and searching for music both in the car or streaming from online music services. For example, people can say:
- “Call my brother on his mobile”;
- “Send a text message to my wife: I’ll grab the milk on the way home”;
- “Get directions to Legal Harborside on the Waterfront in Boston;”
- “Play a song by Taylor Swift”.
Hyundai is also among the first automakers to introduce “Welcome Mode,” leveraging Nuance’s personal assistant capabilities designed for the connected car. Drivers are greeted with a personal message when they enter the car, along with personalized greeting using Nuance’s text-to-speech. This greeting includes updated weather forecast at the user’s location, a personal playlist, or even directions based on a user profile supplied by Hyundai.
“Consumers expect to be connected to people and content no matter where they are. And when they are behind the wheel, it’s our responsibility to balance that demand with features that minimize the potential for driver distraction,” said Michael O’Brien, vice president of Product and Corporate Planning at Hyundai Motor America. “Hyundai is committed to stay at the forefront of innovation, and by leveraging Nuance’s Dragon Drive platform for our next-generation infotainment systems, we’ll be able to bring the broad consumer market smart, innovative and intuitive experiences powered by voice.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV