The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU), a global leader in financial services, announced today the appointment of Patrick Gaston as President of The Western Union Foundation.
Patrick Gaston, President, Western Union Foundation (Photo: Business Wire)
Patrick Gaston will report directly to the Western Union Foundation Board of Directors Chair, John Dye, with dotted line to Luella Chavez D’Angelo, who was recently promoted to Chief Communications Officer. Gaston will lead Western Union’s global philanthropic strategy, including employee engagement, grant making and strategic initiatives that support education as a pathway to economic opportunity.
“Patrick is a visionary Corporate Social Responsibility executive with extensive Fortune 500 global experience and strong knowledge in building strategic alliances,” said Dye. “Under Patrick’s leadership, The Western Union Foundation will continue to focus on its mission and commitment to drive economic opportunity for families around the world.”
Gaston most recently served as president and CEO of Gastal Networks LLC, a management consulting firm assisting organizations in building results driven Corporate Social Responsibility and philanthropic strategies. Prior to this, he served as a senior advisor to the Clinton Bush Haiti Fund. Gaston previously served as president of the Verizon Foundation, one of the 15 largest corporate foundations in America.Gaston also serves on a number of national non-profit boards including the NAACP Board of Trustees. He is a member of the board of directors of Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc. Gaston is a member of the Executive Leadership Council, and was Vice Chair of the Business Committee for The Metropolitan Museum of Art. In 2009, Gaston was named one of the top 100 most influential African-Americans in corporate America by Savoy Professional magazine. He was also named Corporate Responsibility Magazine Foundation CEO of the year in 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV