Life Fitness is elevating heart rates at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) with the introduction of two apps featuring integration into LFopen, Life Fitness’ open API (Application Programming Interface). Each app will work seamlessly with Life Fitness equipment and allow exercisers to enhance their workout experience using their mobile devices.
“Our users want the ability to customize their workouts and create unique experiences that engage and motivate them. With our new open platform products, we are giving consumers the tools they need to enhance their fitness routines by integrating personal technology,” said Chris Clawson, president, Life Fitness. “LFopen puts Life Fitness at the frontier of fitness technology and working with these influential fitness app developers allows us to bring Life Fitness equipment to its full potential.”
Life Fitness is the first fitness equipment manufacturer to open portions of its product platform, allowing developers access so third-parties, including fitness facilities, can create applications that work directly with Life Fitness equipment.
The two new apps will allow exercisers to use their mobile devices to automatically log workout statistics such as time, distance and calories burned when their device is connected to Life Fitness equipment, eliminating the need for manual entry. The two apps introducing Life Fitness integration at CES are:
- runtastic . The runtastic app is designed to help exercisers track their sports activities and connect with friends who are also using the app. Users can then create profiles on runtastic.com to cheer friends on, share photos, keep track of exercise stats, log run or biking routes and more. runtastic’s integration with Life Fitness and new fitness hardware offerings will be on display at the runtastic booth, South Hall 26508.
- Wahoo Fitness. Wahoo Fitness is a running and cycling app that tracks fitness data from Wahoo sensor products like the Wahoo Run/Gym Pack, Blue HR Strap, Balance iPhone-powered Scale and KICKR PowerTrainer. With Life Fitness integration, Wahoo Fitness users will be able to track data from their indoor cardio workouts, in addition to their outdoor workouts. The Wahoo Fitness app for Life Fitness will be on display at the Wahoo Fitness booth, South Hall 26525.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV