JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As a child, your mother may have told you, "Eat your carrots. They're good for your eyes." Was your mother right, or was that just her way of getting you to eat your vegetables?
On the new edition of Healthy Vision TM with Dr. Val Jones, optometrist, author and President of the Ocular Nutrition Society, Jeffrey Anshel, O.D., and leading nutrition researcher Elizabeth Johnson, Ph.D., join Dr. Val to talk about nutrition and its impact on vision and eye health.
"Advice about nutrition and how it affects your vision and eye health can be confusing," says Dr. Anshel. "One day a report tells us that a certain food or supplement is good for us; the next day another report tells us that it is not. But what can be said, without contradiction, is that the foods we eat (or don't eat) play a major role in all aspects of health."
"When we think about foods and nutrients that are good for your eyes, it's going to be many of the same things that are good for your heart, your bones, your kidneys, and for your overall health," says Dr. Johnson. "That's a diet high in fruits and vegetables, and high in antioxidant nutrients, which are important as we age. But, no one food is going to give you everything you need."On this podcast, the two experts review what nutrients are important for your eyes, why they are important, and how much of them we should be taking in as part of our overall diet. Additionally, Drs. Anshel and Johnson offer advice about vitamins and nutritional supplements – who may need them, when to take them, and how to choose the right ones for you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV