ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC),a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced the availability of a complete medical network (med-net) radio link for implantable medical devices such as pacemakers, cardiac defibrillators and neurostimulators. The new radio link is comprised of the company's ZL70321 implantable radio module and its ZL70120 base station radio module for external device controllers. Both modules are based on Microsemi's ultra low power (ULP) ZL70102 medical implantable communications service (MICS) band radio transceiver chip, which supports a very high data rate RF link for medical implantable communication applications.
Radio frequency technology is increasingly being used in a wide variety of medical implantable applications including cardiac care, physiological monitoring (e.g. insulin), pain management and obesity treatments.
"RF engineering is a highly specialized discipline, and leveraging Microsemi's deep expertise in this area allows our customers to reduce design times and minimize project risk," said Martin McHugh, Microsemi's product line manager. "With Microsemi's two-module radio link, companies can now focus research dollars and development efforts on new therapies that enable a better quality of life."About Microsemi's Med-Net Radio Link Solution The ZL70321 implantable module implements all RF-related functions needed to deploy the implant node in a MICS RF telemetry system. The integrated antenna tuning circuit allows the module to be used with a wide range of implant antennas (nominal antenna impedance is 100+j150 Ω). The module provides the following major blocks:
- ZL70102-based MICS RF transceiver with integrated matching network, SAW filters for suppression of unwanted blockers and antenna tuning;
- 2.45 GHz wake-up receiver matching network;
- Integrated 24 MHz reference frequency crystal; and
- Decoupling capacitors.
- Integrated matching network, bandpass filters for suppression of unwanted blockers and an extra receiver LNA for maximized receiver sensitivity;
- 2.45-GHz wake-up transmitter and antenna matching network;
- RSSI filter and logarithmic amplifier simplifying clear channel assessment (CCA) required by the MICS standard;
- 24-MHz XO reference frequency for the 400-MHz and 2.45-GHz subsystems; and
- Fully shielded package.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV