Infographic Revealing Results From A Survey Of 7,000 Consumers Across The US, UK, France And Germany That Uncovers An Emerging And Valuable Consumer Segment - The Digital Divas. Who Are They And Why Should Retailers Care? (Photo: Business Wire)
Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, and the Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing at the University of Arizona today released the results from a new survey of 7,000 consumers across the US, UK, France and Germany that uncovers an emerging and valuable consumer segment. Research shows that this segment, coined Digital Divas, are digitally engaged and fashionable consumers that leverage an average of 3.7 technologies while shopping (versus an average of less than one technology by non-divas). While they comprise only 22 percent of fashion buyers, Digital Divas represent 69 percent of all fashion spending.
Infographic revealing results from a survey of 7,000 consumers across the US, UK, France and Germany that uncovers an emerging and valuable consumer segment - The Digital Divas. Who are they and why should retailers care? (Photo: Business Wire)
The research shows that Digital Divas – split almost evenly between 53 percent women and 47 percent men – are five times more likely than non-divas to influence their social networks by sharing, informing, educating, and advising. They command significant influenced spend (40 percent) beyond their direct spend (29 percent) and have become the epicenter of brand success. Analysis also revealed that Digital Divas are:
- Omni-Channel: They visit an average of 3.4 destinations during their journey, primarily shopping at physical retail stores (70%) and retailer websites (51%).
- Mobile: They are twice as likely to use mobile devices while shopping in stores than non-divas – giving them both access and inclinations to not only communicate, but also shop on the move.
- Informed: They are information omnivores, seeking out and devouring content from an average of 3.5 sources before purchase.
“It’s clear from our research that while Digital Divas are a small group of consumers, they have significant purchasing power and are extremely influential within their social networks – both online and in person,” said Dr. Anita Bhappu, PetSmart Professor of Retailing & Consumer Sciences at the University of Arizona. “They are both sophisticated and vocal shoppers, so it’s important that retailers attend to them.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts