SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) today reported that fourth quarter 2012 U.S. coke production is expected to be approximately 1,082 thousand tons, up an estimated 67 thousand tons, or 6.6%, versus the same period in 2011. Full year 2012 U.S. coke production is projected to be more than 4.3 million tons, an estimated increase of 580 thousand tons, or 15.4%, versus prior year. The estimated increase for both periods was driven by our Middletown facility, which produced 153 thousand tons and 602 thousand tons in fourth quarter and full year 2012, respectively, versus 68 thousand tons for both prior year periods.
Our total U.S. cokemaking capacity utilization was 101 percent and 102 percent in fourth quarter and full year 2012, respectively.
|U.S. Coke Production|
|Quarter ended December 31,||Year Ended December 31,|
|In thousands of tons||2012*||2011||2012*||2011|
|Other Domestic Coke||911||838||3,644||3,055|
|Schedule of U.S. Coke Production by quarter for 2012 and 2011 at end of release|
- SunCoke Energy, Inc. tentatively plans to report fourth quarter 2012 financial results before market open and host an investor conference call at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time) on Tuesday, February 5, 2013. This conference call will be webcast live and archived for replay in the Investor Relations section of www.suncoke.com.
SUNCOKE ENERGY, INC.SunCoke Energy, Inc. is the largest independent producer of metallurgical coke in the Americas, with 50 years of experience supplying coke to the integrated steel industry. Our advanced, heat recovery cokemaking process produces high-quality coke for use in steelmaking, captures waste heat for derivative energy resale and meets or exceeds environmental standards. Our cokemaking facilities are located in Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Vitoria, Brazil, and our coal mining operations, which have more than 114 million tons of proven and probable reserves, are located in Virginia and West Virginia. To learn more about SunCoke Energy, Inc., visit our website at www.suncoke.com. FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS Some of the statements included in this press release constitute “forward looking statements” (as defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended). Such forward-looking statements are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available. You should not put undue reliance on any forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include all statements that are not historical facts and may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as the words “believe,” “expect,” “plan,” “project,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “may,” “will,” “should” or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV