NEWTON, Mass., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel site*, today announced the results of its wellness travel survey of more than 1,100 U.S. travelers, together with the top 10 hotel spas in the U.S. Thirty percent of travelers surveyed plan to take a trip dedicated to rejuvenating their body, mind or spirit at the beginning of 2013. Of those traveling, 49 percent will stay in a hotel, 17 percent will stay in a vacation rental, and 16 percent plan to stay in the home of family or friends.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/59616-tripadvisor-2013-travel-wellness-survey-and-top-10-u-s-hotel-spas
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara , Santa Barbara, California – Average Nightly Rate: $436+ 2 Situated between the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Ynez Mountains, this Spanish-style hotel offers a variety of treatments including the signature Four Seasons in One spa package which incorporates seasonal elements into an 80-minute session. Other spa treatments available include botanical facials, manicures, body scrubs, and organic aromatherapy massages. "The spa treatments are a must," commented one TripAdvisor traveler.
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes , Orlando, Florida – Average Nightly Rate: $267+ 2 Resembling an Italian palazzo, the 40,000 square-foot spa at this Floridian hotel pampers travelers with unparalleled services and amenities. After unwinding in one of 40 treatment rooms, guests can take a dip in the heated outdoor pool or put their feet up on a plush chaise lounge in the sanctuary room. A TripAdvisor traveler said, "I adore their level of service, love the grounds, the pool is beautiful; the spa is relaxing and soothing."
- Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa Miami Beach , Miami Beach, Florida – Average Nightly Rate: $522+ 2 Located on the pristine shores of Miami Beach, this spectacular seaside hotel boasts the largest wellness spa in Florida. Guests can relax in the thermal suite, enjoy spa treatments including a muscle melt, Thai massage, or sole reflexology, or take a fitness class. "The hotel and spa are beautifully decorated, super clean and the spa facility provided many amenities to make us comfortable," commented a TripAdvisor traveler.
- Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village , Westlake Village, California – Average Nightly Rate: $230+ 2 With views of the Santa Monica Mountains, guests at this Conejo Valley hotel can enjoy relaxing spa services, attend a cooking class, or even perfect their smile with cosmetic dental services. Travelers are also invited to cool off in a poolside cabana where dedicated staff will cater to their needs. A TripAdvisor traveler commented, "The spa is tremendous and allows you to relax and unwind."
- Four Seasons Hotel Denver , Denver, Colorado – Average Nightly Rate: $268+ 2 This 45-story landmark tower offers travelers a luxurious escape from downtown Denver. Business travelers can take a quick break with "executive" treatments, while those ready to fully recline can indulge in a wine therapy spa service which includes a complimentary glass of Chardonnay. A TripAdvisor traveler commented, "This property is especially beautiful; from the fireplace in the lobby to the amazing spa."
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas , Las Vegas, Nevada – Average Nightly Rate: $217+ 2 Travelers in need of a reprieve from Sin City can kick back in the two-story spa at this luxury hotel on the Las Vegas Strip. Services range from an exquisite Chinese foot spa to the High-Roller Treatment for those who spent too much time at the casino. One TripAdvisor traveler noted, "The spa was so good we went back the following day for the signature series massage."
- Travaasa Austin , Austin, Texas – Average Nightly Rate: $285+ 2 Surrounded by the hills of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve, this posh hotel offers a selection of guided activities geared toward adventure, nutrition, fitness and wellness. Travelers can find balance in hatha yoga sessions, tune in to harmonica lessons, or discover the spirit of the Lone Star state in a two-step Texan dance class. "The grounds were beautiful and serene, the food was delicious and the spa treatments were wonderful," commented a TripAdvisor traveler.
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu , Kailua-Kona, Hawaii – Average Nightly Rate: $780+ 2 At the spa at this Big Island resort, guests can relax in the quiescent "hales", or treatment rooms, surrounded by lush tropical gardens. With options like crushed macadamia nuts and Hawaiian sea salt, travelers can customize remedies choosing from over 20 native ingredients influenced by the healing traditions of indigenous islanders. "The massages are in tents outside and they have a 'zen'-type garden where guests can relax after a treatment," noted a TripAdvisor traveler.
- Ojai Valley Inn and Spa , Ojai, California – Average Nightly Rate: $317+ 2 Located amid the idyllic backdrop of the Topa Topa Mountains, guests will marvel at the 31,000 square-foot Spa Ojai at this resort village. Travelers can indulge their senses with first-class spa treatments and create their own custom aromatherapy blends in the Apothecary center. A TripAdvisor traveler commented, "Clean, comfortable rooms and awesome spa services. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to unwind and relax."
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago , Chicago, Illinois – Average Nightly Rate: $312+ 2 Travelers visiting this Windy City hotel will feel as though the world is standing still when they enter this tranquil spa. With over 50 spa guestrooms offering direct access to calming services, guests can relax with treatments including gemstone infused oil treatments, detoxifying masks, and beyond. A TripAdvisor traveler commented, "The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious, the staff are very friendly and helpful and the spa, pool and gym facilities are top notch."