Time Is Running Out For Senior Citizens And Other Federal Benefit Recipients To Meet March 1 Electronic Payment Deadline
Switch to electronic payments now before time runs out
Check recipients can sign up for direct deposit or the Direct Express ® card by calling toll-free 1-800-333-1795, visiting www.GoDirect.org , or talking to their local federal paying agency office. The process is fast, easy and free.
- By taking a few minutes to gather the necessary information ahead of time, most federal benefit recipients can sign up for electronic payments with one phone call.
- Individuals will need their Social Security number or claim number, their 12-digital federal benefit check number and the amount of their most recent federal benefit check. If choosing direct deposit, recipients also will need their financial institution's routing transit number, (often found on a personal check) account number and account type (checking or saving).
- There are no sign-up fees or monthly fees to receive benefits electronically.
For the media
Downloadable B-roll is available at www.newsinfusion.com/events/two-month-countdown.
Public service announcements, educational videos and materials, graphic elements – including a national map showing the states with the most remaining paper benefit checks – key numbers and additional information are available for download at:
The Go Direct ® campaign is sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve Banks. The Direct Express ® logo, Go Direct ® and Direct Express ® are registered service marks, and the Go Direct(SM) logo is a service mark, of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Financial Management Service. The Direct Express ® Debit MasterCard ® card is issued by Comerica Bank, pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard ® and the MasterCard ® Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV