Highlights of the "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" app include:
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content on TV and other media;
- An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
- A geofencing function for location-based experiences;
- New "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users' mobile devices;
- Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users;
- One lucky sweepstakes winner will be rewarded with the grand prize of attending the "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" U.S. premiere.
"STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" is written by
and directed by
. Abrams is producing with
through Bad Robot Productions, along with Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci.
and Skydance Productions'
are the executive producers.
"STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" opens in theaters everywhere
No purchase necessary. Open to US and Canadian (excl.
) residents age 13 or older. Enter by 1/11/13. For details and restrictions, see Official Rules at
Qualcomm is a registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Gimbal and Vuforia are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV Films, and Nickelodeon Movies. PPC operations also include Paramount Famous Productions, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.