Daiichi Sankyo And Amplimmune Announce Strategic Alliance To Develop AMP-110 Therapy For Autoimmune Disease
Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Daiichi Sankyo, Co., Ltd. (hereafter, Daiichi Sankyo) and Amplimmune, Inc. (hereafter, Amplimmune) announced today that they have entered into a broad strategic collaboration to develop a new therapeutic protein, AMP-110 (B7-H4 fusion protein). The collaboration will focus on development of AMP-110, a potential immune modulation therapy for autoimmune diseases. This proprietary, first-in-class biologic works by blocking inflammatory T cell differentiation. The parties expect to initiate a Phase 1 clinical study for the compound for the treatment of an autoimmune disease indication in the first half of 2013.
Under the terms of the agreement, Daiichi Sankyo will pay Amplimmune an undisclosed option fee and provide more than $50 million to reimburse past and planned research and development costs for AMP-110 including funding for future development through a Phase 2 (Proof of Concept Study, hereafter, POC study). Amplimmune also will be eligible to receive additional program milestone payments during the collaboration period. Through the POC study, Daiichi Sankyo will have an exclusive option to acquire the AMP-110 program.
Under the terms of the agreement, Amplimmune will be responsible for manufacturing clinical supplies, regulatory filings and conducting clinical trials through a POC study in autoimmunity. Amplimmune and Daiichi Sankyo expect to collaborate on research to further elucidate the characteristic of AMP-110 and to identify potential biomarkers to predict patient response to AMP-110. If Daiichi Sankyo exercises its exclusive option to acquire the AMP-110 program, then following such acquisition, Daiichi Sankyo will be solely responsible for all future development, manufacturing and commercialization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV