The technology as a whole could perform well this year as easing policies support higher corporate spending.
Although energy underperformed in 2012, investors wanting to hedge against the risks of inflation might want to watch oil and gas companies. These companies include BP (BP) and Exxon Mobile (XOM). Many investors hold gold and gold miners to hedge against inflation, but gold is a better option. Investors should not expect a return to the gold standard, which will limit gold as an anti-inflationary position:
Written by Kapitall’s Chris Lau .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV