Ahead of the Computer Electronics Show (“CES”), which will be between January 8 – 11, 2013, a video was leaked showing a massive 6.1-inch Huawei phone. The device is said to have 1080p display, 2GB of memory, and a 1.8Ghz quad-core processor:
By comparison, Samsung’s (SSNLF) current Galaxy Note II is 6.3-inch, and it was reported by CNET that the Note III will have a 6.3-inch display.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer’s Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he’s trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Analysis:There is no end yet to the trend for ever-increasing display sizes for smartphones. The devices are comparably as big as tablets, but tablets start at 7-inches. Popular smartphones are typically from 4- to 4.8-inches. Comparing the screen sizes for the most popular smartphones:
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5 – 4.0 inch
- Google (GOOG) Nexus 4 – 4.7 inch
- Samsung Galaxy III – 4.8 inch
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts