LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- The USA TODAY app allows media-hungry users to satiate their appetite for news, sports and more on their phone or tablet
- With Ford SYNC ® AppLink ™ integration, drivers now just have to tell their car, "Play news story" or "Listen to sports stories" to get the latest news on the go
News junkies can get their fix in the car with voice activation now available via Ford SYNC ® AppLink ™ integration.
With simple voice commands, users can access, navigate, search and listen to morning and evening editions of the USA TODAY headline content they love in a rich audio format via a hands-free, eyes-free experience.
"Staying informed is important, and the USA TODAY app provides news, sports and more directly to smartphones and tablets," said Julius Marchwicki, global product manager for Ford SYNC AppLink. "The USA TODAY app shows how smartphone apps can add convenience to the driving experience using voice control through SYNC AppLink."How it works By voice command, drivers can tell their car, "Play news story" or "Listen to sports stories." Users can customize their news or opt to skip stories as well. Drivers can hear the latest top headlines across their favorite categories such as News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel. They can play, pause, skip, or go back within and between stories to customize the listening experience even further. More than 1 million Ford vehicles already on the road have SYNC AppLink built in. AppLink enables drivers to take advantage of their mobile data to stay connected while they keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts