LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Greater Media is expanding the reach of 16 of its terrestrial radio stations by bringing them to the mobile Web with new smartphone streaming apps
- Available on select Ford vehicles, SYNC ® AppLink ™ drivers can now voice-command and control the smartphone apps to listen to their favorite radio stations from Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit and New Jersey while driving
Greater Media is bringing 16 of its top terrestrial radio stations to the mobile Web and Ford vehicles with the help of SYNC ® AppLink ™. Drivers can listen to their favorite radio stations from places like Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Detroit and New Jersey wherever they are driving – all without touching their smartphone.
Greater Media has teamed up with jacAPPS to create customized apps for each of its stations on the two most popular smartphone platforms, Apple iOS and Google Android. Michigan-based jacAPPS is the recommended mobile app development house for the Ford Developer Program. Ford has selected jacAPPS to provide development and technical support to third-party developers wanting to create voice-activated smartphone apps for Ford SYNC AppLink.
"Listeners today still have favorite radio stations, but thanks to smartphones and mobile broadband, they are no longer tethered to traditional radios," said Tom Bender, senior vice president, Greater Media Interactive. "With our new apps, users can listen to a live stream of the same programming being transmitted over the airwaves or listen to on-demand content like interviews or favorite shows."Once a driver connects his or her smartphone to a Ford vehicle via Bluetooth ® or USB, SYNC AppLink allows for the control of selected apps by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel and using simple voice commands. Live streams can be triggered by just saying, "Play stream" or "Stop stream," while on-demand podcasts are available by just saying the name of the program such as "Drew & Mike" for users listening to 101 WRIF in Detroit. Greater Media has apps for the following stations covering a wide range of formats including news, sports, adult contemporary, rock and country:
- Boston – Magic 106.7, 105.7 Classic Hits WROR, Country 102.5 WKLB, 96.9 FM, WBOS 92.9
- Charlotte – WBT News-Talk 1110 AM, The Link 107.9
- Detroit – WCSX 94.7, WMGC 105.1, 101 WRIF
- New Jersey – WDHA 105.5, WRAT 95.5
- Philadelphia – WMGK 102.9, WMMR 93.3, 95.7 BEN-FM, 97.5 The Fanatic
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV