Today, DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) introduced the Hopper Transfers™ app, an exclusive feature for the new Hopper™ with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR that lets customers move television recordings from the DVR to an iPad for viewing without an Internet connection.
“Hopper Transfers completes the TV Everywhere equation by giving DISH customers the ability to take their recorded television programs and watch them even when no Internet connection is available, such as on a plane,” said Vivek Khemka, vice president of Product Management at DISH. “For the first time, customers can truly enjoy their DISH service anytime, anywhere.”
With the Hopper Transfers app, customers can set up their Hopper with Sling to prepare television recordings for mobile viewing. Recordings are then transferred from Hopper to an iPad via the home’s Wi-Fi connection. Each mobile recording transferred features Digital Rights Management technology and is limited to one mobile transfer per recording. Once a recorded television program is finished encoding for mobile viewing, a 30-minute program takes approximately five minutes to move to an iPad.
Other features include:
- Ability to schedule transfers of single episodes or television series.
- Parental locks that block or limit selected programming.
- All the technology necessary to move television recordings from DVR to iPad. No additional cords or adapters required.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV