Today, DISH (NASDAQ:DISH) introduced Hopper™ with Sling®, the second generation of its award-winning Whole-Home HD DVR system. The new Hopper with Sling delivers several capabilities that improve the DISH experience at home and on the go by allowing customers to:
- Watch live and recorded television anywhere on Internet-connected tablets, smartphones and PCs at no additional charge using the Hopper’s new built-in Sling capabilities and the new DISH Anywhere™ app.
- Move recorded television to an iPad for viewing without an Internet connection using the free Hopper Transfers™ app.
- Transform their TVs into a home media hub with new multi-player gaming apps and the ability to ‘fling’ photos, videos and music from a mobile device.
“Last year, Hopper delivered the DISH TV experience to multiple rooms. This year, we top that and deliver it anywhere,” said Joseph P. Clayton, DISH president and CEO. “With Hopper, the value equation for pay TV becomes radically different. Customers pay only once for their content and can access it anywhere they choose, in the home, or on the go.”
Hopper with Sling builds on the award-winning Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR introduced last year, and includes exclusive DISH innovations delivered by the Hopper including PrimeTime Anytime™ and the AutoHop™ commercial-skipping feature.
SLING TECHNOLOGY POWERS DISH ANYWHERE EXPERIENCE OUTSIDE THE HOMESling technology is now built into each new Hopper with Sling. It works by encoding and redirecting – or place-shifting – a live or recorded TV signal from the Hopper to Internet-connected iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. The DISH Anywhere experience is also available on PCs and Macs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV