RTI Biologics Inc. (RTI) (Nasdaq: RTIX), a provider of orthopedic and other biologic implants, celebrated the ground breaking of its new 41,165-square-foot Logistics and Technology Center on Monday, Jan. 7.
RTI, which is headquartered in Alachua, Fla., is one of the leading providers of sterile biologic implants for patients around the world. Its Logistics and Technology Center, a $14 million investment, will be home to the company’s research and development offices and laboratories, clean rooms, warehouse, shipping and finished implants and other support functions. In addition, the new facility will include space for production of RTI’s forthcoming map3™ cellular allogeneic bone grafts.
“RTI began operations in 1998 when it spun off from the University of Florida Tissue Bank. At that time, our offices, labs and clean rooms occupied approximately 45,000 square feet of total space in Progress Corporate Park, housing about 200 people,” said Brian K. Hutchison, RTI president and CEO. “Today we have more than 700 employees globally. This new facility represents the continued growth and expansion of our company and allows us room for future growth.”
The Logistics and Technology Center, along with the company’s recent acquisition of a 15,425 square foot office building in the park, will expand RTI’s total occupied space to about 200,000 square feet.“At RTI, we are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate and participating in the economic development of our regions,” said Hutchison. “We are excited to expand our facilities in Alachua, Fla. and are glad to be a part of a community that is focused on fostering innovation and success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV