The Wet Seal, Inc. (Nasdaq: WTSLA) ("the Company"), a leading specialty retailer to young women, announced today it has entered into an employment contract with John D. Goodman to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer through January 30, 2016. Mr. Goodman will assume his position as Chief Executive Officer on January 7, 2013. He initially joined the Company as a member of the board of directors on September 18, 2012.
Mr. Goodman is a well respected apparel industry executive with over 25 years of experience at well known companies such as Gap, Inc., Levi Strauss & Co., Mervyn's, and Bloomingdale's. He brings proven success in junior specialty store retailing and is recognized as an engaging and versatile leader. From 2008 to 2009, while he led the turnaround at Charlotte Russe, a publicly traded junior retailer with sales of over $800 million, the stock price more than doubled. Most recently, Mr. Goodman served as Executive Vice President, Chief Apparel and Home Officer, Sears Holdings, overseeing both the Sears and Kmart brands.
"I have always viewed Wet Seal as a pioneer in fast fashion and am thrilled to join the company as CEO," said Mr. Goodman. "I am honored to have this opportunity to work with the company's executives and associates in both merchandising and operations and return the brand to its roots and drive long-term success. I am delighted to work with our Board and the existing management team in restoring profitability while pursuing new avenues for growth and building overall shareholder value."
A committee of the Company's board of directors oversaw the search for a new CEO. The committee was comprised of Mindy Meads, Chairman of the Nominating and Governance Committee of the Board, Dorrit Bern, Chairman of the Compensation Committee of the Board, Kenneth Reiss, Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Board and Lynda Davey, the Company's Chairman of the Board.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV