HILDEN, Germany and GERMANTOWN, Maryland, January 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- QIAGEN invests in new companion diagnostic being developed by Drug Response Dx that aims to predict efficacy of TNF-alpha inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis patients
- Rights to RET, ROS1 and DEPDC1 biomarkers gained from Insight Genetics offer promise as companion diagnostics in lung cancer
- New tests from Inserm for mutations of HSP110 gene target diagnostic data on specific types of colorectal cancer, complementing other companion diagnostics
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced three separate agreements that add multiple biomarkers to QIAGEN's deep development pipeline of diagnostics for Personalized Healthcare applications to guide treatments with various medicines based on a patient's genomic information.
QIAGEN intends to develop new diagnostics to guide treatment decisions (including companion diagnostics paired with medicines) based on these biomarkers for use in therapeutic areas such as rheumatoid arthritis, lung cancer and colorectal cancer. Most of these assays will be designed to run on the QIAsymphony RGQ modular laboratory workflow automation system as well as QIAGEN's next-generation sequencing workflows currently in development. By guiding treatment decisions for specific therapies in individual patients, the use of these biomarkers as companion diagnostics can help improve patient outcomes and better utilize healthcare resources.
"These new agreements add further depth to our extensive development portfolio of biomarkers with potential to provide valuable diagnostic information as well as personalized guidance for treatment decisions. The opportunity to create a new, improved paradigm in the important and vast field of rheumatoid arthritis is very exciting, and the other agreements further deepen our pipeline in oncology," said Peer M. Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN. "QIAGEN's global leadership in co-developing Personalized Healthcare solutions in partnership with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies has become a key growth driver for our business. Our diagnostics are delivering molecular information to transform medical care for a wide range of diseases."R heumatoid arthritis QIAGEN has made a strategic equity investment in Drug Response Dx GmbH with the option to obtain worldwide rights to biomarkers for evaluation of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients to guide treatment with TNF-alpha inhibitors, which are widely prescribed for treatment of RA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV