If it came to fruition, NWSA would end up the closest thing we have in the United States to the pie-in-the-sky scenario I painted for AT&T and Verizon. Of course, right now we can call Comcast (CMCSA) the "closest thing" with properties ranging from the NBC networks to the Philadelphia Flyers under its expansive belt.
But nothing domestically compares -- or will ever compare -- to what's happening in Canada.
So the NHL lockout ends (yes!), MSG is up, but RCI and BCE are down. I don't quite get it.Both stocks have had their moments over the last year -- RCI up 21%, BCE just 7%, but it's down a bit from all-time highs. Investors should be jumping at these two Canadian stocks. I wrote multiple RCI and BCE articles for TheStreet in 2012. From this one, you can link to the bull case (which details each company's holdings) and word from famous hockey writer, Al Strachan, that one of the two companies (or both through their joint ownership of Leafs TV) will almost certainly win the rights to the Canadian institution, Hockey Night in Canada, for next season. Another Canadian Hockey Institution, the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto; Courtesy, Rocco Pendola's Summer Vacation I'm not sure why RCI and BCE are down on Monday, with the lockout finally over. But, man, it's a buying opportunity of epic proportion for long-term investors. P.S. I am fired up that hockey is over. I ranged through emotions during the lockout -- sad, apathetic, angry, rebellious -- but I am back and feeling good about the Leafs' chances in a 48-game season. (#LeafsNation, follow me on Twitter!) Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV