Chevrolet Silverado sales were nearly flat in 2012, rising 0.8% to 418,312.
Still, Silverado was perhaps the most discussed vehicle of 2012, with near-obsessive attention to its inventory level, as GM built inventories in the second half of the year in order to prepare for production halt as it prepares for the introduction of the 2014 Silverado, which it rolled out last month.
GM obviously got the timing right, bringing out a new Silverado just as housing construction, a major market for pickup trucks, appears to be heading into a serious revival. What remains to be seen is whether GM got the truck right.In December, by the way, Silverado sales rose 6.1% to 50,699, while Camry sales fell 6.3% to 31,407. This enabled Silverado to nose out Camry for the second best-selling U.S. vehicle, even though Camry was second at the end of November.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV