Honda Civic sold 317,909 units in 2012, up 43.7% from the previous year, the biggest gain among the top 20 U.S. vehicles, reflecting the strong recovery by Japanese automakers following the 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan.
Honda leads in the compact segment, despite intense pressure created by Korean manufacturers, by the Detroit Three which have been increasingly successful in compact markets including California, and by its own goof when it redesigned the 2012 Civic.
The redesign was not well-received and Consumer Reports declined to recommend the car for the first time in a generation. So Honda quickly offered a redesigned the 2013 model, which was unveiled last month at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV