Nissan (NSANY) Altima sold 302,934 units in 2012, up 12.6% from a year earlier. It was the first time that Altima's U.S. sales topped 300,000.
The Altima is more than holding its own in the tough battle for dominance in the mid-sized sedan sector, which accounts for three of the top six vehicles and where Fusion also competes as does GM's (GM) Chevrolet Malibu, which sold 210,951 units, up 3% in 2013.
Nissan's U.S. sales, including Infiniti sales, totaled 1.14 million, topping 1 million for the second year in a row. Many of the cars, including Altima, were produced at the Nissan plant in Smyrna, Tenn. Nissan introduced a redesigned Altima in Smyrna in May and said its goal is to catch Toyota (TM) Camry.It is good to have goals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV