NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- HP (HPQ), known mainly for printers and PCs, is pushing deeper into the consumer-electronics market, unveiling nine products in Las Vegas on Monday, including the world's first display with integrated Beats audio.
The ENVY 27-inch IPS Monitor was developed jointly with Beats by Dr. Dre. According to HP's press release, the display offers studio-quality sound and an In-Plane Switching (IPS) Panel with a viewing angle of 178 degrees horizontally and vertically "so friends can enjoy entertainment content without having to crowd in front of the display."
The No. 1 PC maker also unveiled its Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook, which it describes as its "most affordable touch notebook PC ever," and the Pocket Playlist, a pocket-sized storage device for wireless content streaming.
The ENVY 27-Inch Monitor is expected to be available worldwide on Feb. 3 for $499, while the Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook is expected to be available in the U.S. on the same day, priced from $649.99.The Pocket Playlist is expected to be available on Feb. 15 for $129. HP, which is in the throes of a massive restructuring effort, has described 2013 as a "fix and rebuild" year for the company. Get the latest news coming out of CES with TheStreet's live blog: -- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV