LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Delphi Automotive (NYSE: DLPH) today announced a range of powerful connectivity, infotainment, safety and wireless-device charging technologies, which it will showcase at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this week in the Las Vegas Convention Center North Hall, Booth #730. These Delphi technologies are designed to help keep the driver's focus on driving while connecting in new ways for communication and fun.
Delphi enables this driving experience through several advancements:
- Smart, active safety that places all critical information in the driver's forward view through a high-mount display, controlled at the steering wheel or by voice
- Maximizing and extensively integrating in-vehicle computing power for easy and flawless entertainment and navigation capabilities through a Connected Navigation Radio
- Allowing a driver to track, locate, access, secure and diagnose their vehicle anywhere at any time with a smart device or browser
- Wireless, automatic charging for smartphones, tablets and portable navigation devices that fully charge each of these with the flexibility of placement within the vehicle
These technologies reflect Delphi's passion about driver safety while enhancing the consumer experience, as well as its dedication to enabling the connected digital lifestyle in and out of the vehicle. In these new approaches, Delphi's expertise in integration and connectivity allows drivers and passengers to seamlessly share content with one another inside the vehicle.
"Delphi believes driver safety and connectivity are achieved through eyes on the road, hands on the wheel and mind on the mission," said Jeffrey J. Owens, Delphi chief technology officer. "By enabling drivers to keep their hands on the wheel while viewing the information they need, commanding entertainment and navigation systems, and supporting their handheld devices, we are helping to furnish new ways to make the driving experience safe and fun for everyone in the car."Delphi's latest contributions to automotive safety, connectivity and power are embodied in the technologies demonstrated at CES, including MyFi® Connecting with Safety, MyFi® Maximum Computing Power, Delphi's Connected Car, the magnetic-resonance-based wireless charging system and a portfolio of products that offer fast and comprehensive connectivity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV