Background: US Bancorp is a financial services holding company. They operate full-service branch offices and ATMs and provide financial services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. US Bancorp is the parent company of Firstar Bank and U.S. Bank.
52-Week Range: $27.30 to $35.46
Price to Book: 1.8Earnings Payout Percentage: 25% US Bancorp is a big bank, but just small enough to stay off the main radar compared to the other larger banks. That's too bad for investors who may have passed up this dividend jewel. While USBancorp fell considerably along with the rest of the financial industry in 2009, on a relative basis, USBancorp held up better than almost everyone else. US Bancorp is where I do some of my personal banking. It's also home to Travis Kraker, an investment adviser who is one of the best I know of. Many investment advisors are closer to a salesperson than advising, Kraker is the exception.
US Bancorp raised their dividend in March last year, 2011 and 2010. Will the Board authorize another increase this coming March? I didn't see an announcement, but the payout percentage certainly allows for another one if they desire it. The bank currently pays 78 cents per share in dividends for a yield of 2.4%. Shares are modestly higher from a month ago, and the average analyst target price for US Bancorp is $36.81. Short sellers are next to impossible to find. Short interest is so low I only include it to demonstrate the smart money is not betting against this company -- 2% of the float is short based on the last reported numbers. USB Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV