Seagate Technology (STX)
Background: Seagate Technology makes hard-disk drives for enterprise storage, client compute and client non-compute market applications worldwide.
52-Week Range: $18.14 to $35.71Price to Book: 3.5 Earnings Payout Percentage: 13% TheStreet's Kate Stalter writes about Seagate in Rules of the Game: The Roaring Gainers of 2012, Part II. For under $80 each delivered to my door, I just received a few 750 GB Seagate hybrid drives. Part SSD (solid state drive) and part spinning disk, Seagate produces a very compelling product. Seagate's many compelling consumer and enterprise products are the reason why I have written many times about why you want to be long this storage leader.
Seagate currently pays $1.52 per share in dividends for a yield of 4.8%. Last month Seagate raised their dividend once again from 32 cents a share to 38 cents. In the last month, the stock performed well with a 7.3% increase. After dipping below $25 a share in late November, the shares have aggressively moved higher, with two gaps higher along the way. The speed the shares have appreciated gives me pause because I don't like to chase prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV