Brick and mortar ain't catching up, primarily because it should not try to play catch-up. Innovate, don't imitate.
(Enter writer's transitional crutch here) But, I digress ... I have to give more credit to that Morgan upgrade. They get Amazon. Outside of international (also from Gara's story) the house sees ...
a slow ramp up of other Jeff Bezos growth projects as a catalyst to near-term earnings. Notably ... strong Apple iPad and iPhone sales could benefit Amazon.
While investors oftentimes lament Amazon's spending plans,
Morgan Stanleysees international e-commerce efforts as paying off over the long term, as consumer retail markets open up on the Web.
Spot on. And spot on.
Amazon and Apple are partners, not competitors. And Amazon's spending drives performance, in China, elsewhere internationally and at home.As of this writing, AMZN is up to around $266. New highs. On Dec. 18 I said it's headed to $300. Don't look now, but it's well on its way. With solid earnings later this month, it's in the bag. Even if Amazon missed, the stock, like it always does, will rebound. People, like TheStreet's Jim Cramer, love Jeff Bezos. As they should. Sometimes, sanity -- even at astronomical P/E ratios (!) -- does prevail. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV