Brick and mortar ain't catching up, primarily because it should not try to play catch-up. Innovate, don't imitate.
(Enter writer's transitional crutch here) But, I digress ... I have to give more credit to that Morgan upgrade. They get Amazon. Outside of international (also from Gara's story) the house sees ...
a slow ramp up of other Jeff Bezos growth projects as a catalyst to near-term earnings. Notably ... strong Apple iPad and iPhone sales could benefit Amazon.
While investors oftentimes lament Amazon's spending plans,
Morgan Stanleysees international e-commerce efforts as paying off over the long term, as consumer retail markets open up on the Web.
Spot on. And spot on.
Amazon and Apple are partners, not competitors. And Amazon's spending drives performance, in China, elsewhere internationally and at home.As of this writing, AMZN is up to around $266. New highs. On Dec. 18 I said it's headed to $300. Don't look now, but it's well on its way. With solid earnings later this month, it's in the bag. Even if Amazon missed, the stock, like it always does, will rebound. People, like TheStreet's Jim Cramer, love Jeff Bezos. As they should. Sometimes, sanity -- even at astronomical P/E ratios (!) -- does prevail. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV