We Know It's Big, But Is It Too Big To Know?
HAMPTON, Va., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This coming Tuesday, Jan. 8, at NASA's Langley Research Center, Harvard University Internet researcher David Weinberger will present, "Too Big To Know," at 2 p.m. in the Reid Conference Center.
Co-director of the Harvard Library Innovation Lab and a senior researcher at Harvard's Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Weinberger's talk will focus on the changing shape and nature of knowledge in the "Age of the Net."Weinberger will be available to answer questions from the media during a news briefing at 1:15 p.m. that day. Media who wish to do so should contact Chris Rink at 757-864-6786, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by noon on the day of the talk for credentials and entry to the Center. That same evening at 7:30, Weinberger will host a similar presentation for the general public at the Virginia Air & Space Center in downtown Hampton. This Sigma Series event is free and no reservations are required. From his 2012 book by the same name, Weinberger's talk looks at how the networking of knowledge and expertise is changing how we understand our world and make decisions in it. He maintains that we pay a price for this new type of knowledge, but we are finally able to scale it to understand a universe that is far bigger and more complex than our brains can manage. "Too Big To Know" has won two international book-of-the-year awards. Also writing about the effect of the Internet on ideas, Weinberger is a co-author of the bestseller, "The Cluetrain Manifesto," and is the author of "Small Pieces Loosely Joined" and "Everything Is Miscellaneous." He has been a marketing adviser to many high-tech companies, an adviser to several presidential candidates, and was a former Franklin Fellow at the U.S. State Department.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV