The Canadian Task Force On Preventive Health Care Releases Updated Guideline For Cervical Cancer Screening
The main recommendations of the Guideline include:
- The Task Force recommends against cervical cancer screening (with Pap tests) for women aged younger than 25 because minimal or no benefit was found to outweigh the potential harms in this group.
- The Task Force found moderate quality evidence showing that screening with Pap tests may have a small effect in reducing cervical cancer mortality and morbidity among women aged 25-29 and recommends screening these women at intervals of 3 years.
- The Task Force found high quality evidence showing that screening for cervical cancer with Pap tests reduces mortality and morbidity among women aged 30-69, and strongly recommends screening these women at intervals of 3 years.
- Screening may cease in women aged 70 and older, but only after 3 successive negative Pap tests.
For the complete report and details of the recommendations, please visit www.canadiantaskforce.ca
About the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care
The Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care
has been established to develop clinical practice guidelines that
support primary care providers in delivering preventive health care.
The mandate of the Task Force is to develop and disseminate clinical
practice guidelines for primary and preventive care, based on
systematic analysis of scientific evidence.
SOURCE The Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV