As an added incentive to try Disc-to-Digital, powered by VUDU, Walmart is giving customers who sign up for a new VUDU account 10 free pre-selected movies when they sign up for an UltraViolet account or link to an existing account.
Walmart Facebook Entertainment App Developed in partnership with Hollywood's largest studios, the Walmart Entertainment Facebook App will enable Walmart's more than 26 million Facebook fans to read and submit kid friendly movie reviews, watch exclusive behind-the-scenes film content and even vote on what movies the retailer will feature – everything from limited releases to Walmart $5 movie bin offers.
- Customers that use the Walmart Entertainment Facebook App will have the ability to:
- Vote for popular movies to be sold in-store and online;
- Personalize movie recommendations and fan picks and share with friends;
- Redeem and share special promotions and offers, such as free movies via VUDU;
- View mom-approved movie ratings and recommendations; and
- Gain access to exclusive content for highly anticipated theatrical and DVD releases and video games – trailers, sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes, polls, photos, interviews and more.
Walmart's Entertainment App will be available just in time for the highly anticipated The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 Blu-ray and DVD pre-sale in February.
"The concept behind Walmart's Entertainment app is to create an innovative approach to shopping," said Tom Arrix, VP of Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook US. "Connecting social activity to Walmart stores across the country will empower fans to change and personalize the store experience."More News from CES Digital Entertainment Group HonorsThe Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) announced its selection of Walmart as this year's "Retailer of the Year for Hardware, Software and Digital" marking the first time a single retailer has won all three categories. The membership of DEG voted for Walmart based on its leadership and innovation in supporting new digital technologies and offering its customers a broad range of products and services from Blu-ray hardware and software to its Disc-to-Digital program. "We are honored that The Digital Entertainment Group has selected Walmart as this year's Retailer of the Year. When we launched Disc-to-Digital, we had a singular focus – give our customers a new way to watch the movies they already own while also unlocking more ways to enjoy them. We are committed to innovation and are proud to offer our customers simple and affordable services to bring their movies into the digital age," acknowledged Aden.