Kate Spellman Joins Penton As SVP Marketing
NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marketing executive Kate Spellman, who most recently launched and served as president of United Business Media's UBM Studios, has joined Penton Media as senior vice president, marketing, CEO David Kieselstein announced today.
She will report to Kieselstein in the company's New York City headquarters, and serve as a member of Penton's Executive Committee.
Under Spellman's leadership, UBM Studios grew to deliver more than 400 digital/virtual solutions per year with a diversified business model that included e-learning, recruitment and career fairs and briefing centers. Her success in that role capped an accomplished career at UBM which saw her rise through the senior marketing ranks, notably serving as SVP corporate marketing for the company's CMP Media, and as CMO of UBM Channel, an integrated technology marketing services business.At Penton, Spellman will have several areas of responsibility:
- establishing new strategic partnerships with companies focused on marketing to small and mid-sized businesses (SMB), and connecting those companies with Penton's three million SMB owners to drive revenues;
- creating a new marketing capabilities group to provide advanced analytics, marketing automation, digital/virtual solutions and e-learning support across the Penton organization;
- directing Penton's overall corporate marketing communications efforts as the company sharpens its strategic focus on delivering actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV