LG Electronics USA Announces Availability Of Eagerly Anticipated OLED TV
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics USA announced today that the revolutionary new LG OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) TV will be available in the United States beginning in March.
The eagerly-awaited 55-inch class (54.6-inch diagonal) WRGB OLED TV went on sale for the first time in South Korea last week with deliveries scheduled to begin there in early February.
The suggested price in the United States is expected to be $11,999, LG Electronics USA said here today at the 2013 International CES®, where an earlier version of the TV previewed last year was awarded "Best of Show."As the first company to announce availability of the next-generation TV technology, LG is prepared to ramp up quickly to take the lead in the OLED segment that is expected to grow to 7.2 million units by 2016, according to DisplaySearch. "OLED TV will usher in a whole new era of home entertainment," said Jay Vandenbree, senior vice president, LG Electronics USA Inc. "With its lifelike color, infinite contrast ratio and slim profile, LG OLED delivers an outstanding viewing experience; it's undoubtedly a premium product worthy of its premium price." Havis Kwon, global president of the LG Home Entertainment Company, said: "Not since color TV was first introduced 60 years ago has there been a more transformational moment. When high definition TV was first introduced 15 years ago, the public's reaction was 'wow!' Now, when customers see our razor-thin OLED TV for the first time, they're left speechless. That's a clear indicator as any that OLED TV is much more than just an incremental improvement to current television technology." Only 0.16 inches (4 millimeters) thin and weighing less than 22 pounds (10 kilograms), LG's OLED TVs produce astoundingly vivid and realistic pictures thanks to its superior WRGB technology:
- LG's unique Four-Color Pixel system features a white sub-pixel, which works in conjunction with the conventional red, blue, green setup to create the perfect color output.
- LG's exclusive Color Refiner delivers even greater tonal enhancement, resulting in images that are more vibrant and natural than anything seen before.
- The 55-inch OLED TV also offers an infinite contrast ratio, which maintains optimal contrast levels regardless of ambient brightness or viewing angle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV