Aetna (NYSE: AET) and Barnabas Health, New Jersey’s largest not-for-profit integrated healthcare delivery system, today announced a new contract agreement. Aetna members who receive care at any of the Barnabas Health hospitals and facilities will continue to be covered at the in-network level of benefits. The new, multi-year contract became effective on January 1.
“We are pleased to have a new agreement with Barnabas Health that maintains uninterrupted access to care at its integrated care system for our members,” said Michael Costa, Aetna vice president, New Jersey Network. “We look forward to building on our solid working relationship and shared goals of excellent quality and affordable health care.”
“Barnabas Health has provided high quality, compassionate care to Aetna members for many years and we look forward to continuing the relationship with Aetna,” said Barry H. Ostrowsky, president and chief executive officer of Barnabas Health. “We are proud to offer nationally renowned services that are recognized with top rankings, awards and honors for outstanding clinical care.”
The new agreement applies to all Aetna health plan products including student health plans and Medicare. Hospitals included in the agreement are:
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, N.J.;
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, N.J.;
- Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, N.J.;
- Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, N.J.;
- Kimball Medical Center in Lakewood, N.J.;
- Community Medical Center in Toms River, N.J.; and
- Barnabas Health Behavioral Health Center in Toms River.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts