Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com that he's not ready to give up on Alcoa, but he's also not a buyer ahead of the company's earnings.
Cramer said Alcoa is really the tale of two companies. The first one provides aluminum for everything from iPads to construction products, airplane screws to auto and truck engines, all red-hot markets that will be growing like gangbusters in the second half of 2013.But then there's the second Alcoa, the one held hostage by falling aluminum commodity prices. It's the second Alcoa, noted Cramer, that has kept the stock down throughout 2012. Cramer said Alcoa shares will likely fall when the company reports and analysts once again lower their estimates. After that happens, Cramer said he'd be a buyer, as so many stocks have been able to bounce back from similar conditions. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV