Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday he thinks the beleaguered bank can be owned as an investment but not as a trade.
Cramer said that finally being able to put its troubles behind it will be huge for Bank of America because its troubled merger with Countrywide almost killed the entire company. Add in a little revenue growth, he said, and all of the banks, not just Bank of America, can once again be valued like other stocks based on earnings.Cramer said that banks like Wells Fargo (WFC), a stock he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, should never have fallen to $5 and $6 a share, which is why that stock has been able to run so far, so fast. Cramer said he's also been buying KeyCorp (KEY). To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV