Inaugural Ball Featuring Vivian Green Supports HBCU Students
WASHINGTON, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The HBCU Inaugural Gala Ball returns on Sunday, January 20, 2013 with their 2 nd presidential inaugural celebration in the swank Grand Ballroom of the Sphinx Club located at 1315 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005.
Commencing at 8:00PM in the evening, R&B chanteuse, Vivian Green (Emotional Rollercoaster) will headline the formal affair with a live performance, HBCU graduate and U.S. Congressman Danny K. Davis (Illinois - 7 th District) will speak, while funny man, Saturday Night Live alum and current star of Disney Channel's A.N.T. Farm, Finesse Mitchell will host this most historic night in our nation's history.
Standing for Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU), the HBCU Inaugural Gala Ball was formed in 2008 after the historic election of Barack Obama, the nation's first African American President. The debut gala ball was held in Georgetown at the Sequoia on the National Harbor in Washington, DC. That evening, guests celebrated with the Executive Director of the White House Initiative on HBCUs, Dr. Leonard Haynes, singer Rahsaan Patterson and host actress Debbi Morgan -- with a portion of the proceeds going to the Tom Joyner Foundation, a charity that gives scholarships to HBCU students.
The HBCU Inaugural Gala Ball is an unofficial presidential inaugural ball open to HBCU alumni and supporters. Founded by filmmaker Stacie Hawkins, graduate of HBCU's University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, as she "wanted to create an event where I, along with fellow HBCU graduates and friends could celebrate this historic inauguration as well support these important institutions."Tickets are $250 and can be purchased at www.hbcugala.com For press inquiries please contact Kirk Shannon-Butts, Entertainment Director, 917.545.4360 or firstname.lastname@example.org. SOURCE HBCU Inaugural Gala Ball
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV