Designers of DC-DC conversion applications are challenged with improving power density while saving board space and reducing thermal resistance. Fairchild Semiconductor’s (NYSE: FCS) new mid-voltage PowerTrench® MOSFETs with Dual Cool™ packaging technology are well suited to help with these design challenges.
Fairchild has expanded and improved its Dual Cool packaging portfolio, an industry-standard pin-out package with top-side cooling, to include a 40-100V mid-voltage series. Silicon technology advancements, paired with the Dual Cool technology, provide excellent switching performance as well as low junction-to-ambient thermal resistance that is four times less than the standard over-molded 5mm x 6mm MLP.
Devices included in the mid-voltage series include the 40V FDMS8320LDC, 60V FDMS86500DC, 80V FDMS86300DC and the 100V FDMS86101DC. These devices are synchronous rectifying MOSFETs that are suitable for use in DC-DC converters, telecom secondary-side rectification and high-end server/workstation applications. For additional information on devices available in the Dual Cool package, please visit our website at www.fairchildsemi.com/dualcool.
Features and Benefits:FDMS8320LDC (40V)
- Max R DS(ON) = 1.1mΩ at V GS = 10V, ID = 44A
- Max R DS(ON) = 1.5mΩ at V GS = 4.5V, ID = 37A
- Max R DS(ON) = 2.3mΩ at V GS = 10V, ID = 29A
- Max R DS(ON) = 3.3mΩ at V GS = 8V, ID = 24A
- Max R DS(ON) = 3.1mΩ at V GS = 10V, ID = 24A
- Max R DS(ON) = 4.0mΩ at V GS = 8V, ID = 21A
- Industry’s lowest R DS(ON) by approximately 35% as compared to competitive solution with same voltage rating
- Max R DS(ON) = 7.5mΩ at V GS = 10V, I D = 14.5A
- Max R DS(ON) = 12mΩ at V GS = 6V, I D = 11.5A
- FDMS8320LDC (40V): $1.09
- FDMS86500DC (60V): $1.16
- FDMS86300DC (80V): $1.16
- FDMS86101DC (100V): $1.09
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV