Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) will be showcasing the world’s most expansive portfolio of storage solutions during the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show. Products designed for the Cloud, mobility and the home will be featured.
Seagate showcases groundbreaking innovations at CES 2013 (Photo: Business Wire)
Follow Seagate on its social sites to get news from CES 2013 and to enter for a chance to win Seagate’s hottest new products along with an iPad Mini. Simply go to seagate.com/ces to get all the latest information on new products and sweepstakes details.
Seagate’s new storage solutions add to its industry-leading product line:
- Seagate® Wireless Plus provides mobile storage for smart phones and tablets without wires or the web. Wireless Plus can connect up to eight mobile devices over its own Wi-Fi network. Designed with significant improvements and a beautiful new Seagate Media app, this award-winning product includes a sleek industrial design and can now hold up to 500 HD movies all while delivering over 10-hours of continuous streaming. In its second-generation, Wireless Plus is a CEA Best of Innovations award winner for 2013.
- Seagate® Central is the first networked home storage solution to feature a Smart TV app for enjoyment of files from the big screen. A CES 2013 Innovations Honoree, Seagate Central delivers automatic backup for the entire home, access to movies, music and photos from networked devices, as well as remote access. The Seagate Media app is available for Android smart phones and tablets, Apple iPhone, Apple iPad and even Kindle Fire HD.
- First introduced in June of 2012, Backup Plus external storage, a CES Innovations Honoree, introduced a new level of simplicity and elegance in design for direct attached backup solutions. Seagate Backup Plus is the first drive to include the Seagate Dashboard to allow one-click backup of your system and automated backup of Facebook and Flickr albums.
Seagate Wireless Plus mobile device storage, Central shared storage and Backup Plus will be on display throughout CES at the Innovations Hall in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian Hotel.In addition to showcasing these three CES Innovation Award winners, Seagate will display new storage solutions that often go unseen by consumers.
- The industry’s first incredibly slim 5mm-thin 2.5-inch hard disk drive (HDD) designed exclusively for ultrabooks and thin client devices. Packing 500GB of capacity this drive is thin enough for today’s thin and light ultrabooks and even tablets to deliver greater design flexibility and value for consumers.
- For the first time, Seagate will also showcase its latest laptop solid-state hybrid drives (SSHD) and an all-new desktop SSHD. Now in their third-generation, the Seagate SSHD solutions integrate solid-state memory and massive hard drive capacity with the speed expected of a solid-state drive. The result is higher-performance and greater capacity at a highly affordable price. Ideal for road warriors, power users and gamers, these new drives are the ultimate for those demanding performance, capacity and value.