McAfee and Intel today announced their commitment to lead in delivering innovative security solutions aimed at protecting a consumer’s entire digital life, reflecting the broad adoption and usage of personal devices. Together with Intel, McAfee is redefining the consumer security experience with a focus on safeguarding consumer devices, securing personal data and protecting identities online. This user-centric approach will deliver a comprehensive and valuable service offering that helps meet the evolving needs of consumers as they enjoy their digital lives, anywhere, from any device. The first of these personalized security offerings from McAfee is available in beta to partners, with a consumer version of the product available mid-year 2013.
The explosion in connected devices and the availability of online content and services has consumers spending more of their lives online. Always-connected consumers who are shopping, banking, and sharing information online have an unprecedented amount of their personal and financial information at risk to increasingly sophisticated attacks and scams. Because of these new usages and the resulting distribution of personal information, a more comprehensive approach to security is required to protect consumers.
A New Approach for a New Computing Paradigm
“As consumers live their lives online and use two, three, or more different types of devices to accommodate their online lifestyles, their needs are evolving,” said Gary Davis, vice president of consumer marketing for McAfee. “Given this paradigm shift, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping consumers’ online lives safe so every user can fully explore the possibilities of today’s digital age. It is no longer good enough to just protect a device from a particular piece of malware; instead we need to protect what a consumer does online no matter the device or where it is used.”Key attributes of consumer-centric online security and safety include:
- Safeguarding Devices: Comprehensive protection for PCs and Macs, along with mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Increased security services will be available “cross-device” and in the cloud, enabling for consumers to utilize capabilities from any device at any time.
- Identity Protection: A user-centric approach to security incorporates solutions to protect identity and personal information from theft and misuse so that consumers can have confidence their identity remains safe and trusted. Plus, safe access destinations and services on the Internet.
- Personal Data Security: Simplified security technologies that ensure personal data remains personal, whether it’s stored on a device or stored in the cloud.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV