Jan. 7, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the largest event hospitality partner to
's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues today unveiled its exclusive menu for the 2013 Discover BCS National Championship Game at
's Sun Life Stadium. With football fans descending on
for the most anticipated college football game of the year, Centerplate is going local, announcing a stadium menu inspired by fresh
flavors and traditional
favorites. Centerplate anticipates serving 78,000 fans of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Alabama Crimson Tide, which is a special honor because Centerplate is the stadium hospitality partner for both in their home stadiums as well.
To make the Discover BCS National Championship Game a real
experience, Centerplate is welcoming fans with the all-new menu items. These new offerings are a celebration of
flavors and favorites, an impressive touch of fine cuisine for
and Crimson Tide fans including:
- BCS "Bowl" of BBQ Pork Nachos…Smoked Pork Butt atop fresh Nacho chips with warm Cheese, Carolina BBQ Sauce and Red Jalapenos.
- Prime Rib Sandwich…10 ounces of succulent Prime Rib, freshly carved and served with creamy Horseradish on Paneba Bread.
- Corned Beef "Stack"…fresh sliced Corned Beef, piled high on either a corn dusted Kaiser or Marble Rye.
- Fresh Jumbo Shrimp "Jarritos"…Seven Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail served in a blend of tomato, fresh cilantro, Cholula sauce, Cucumber, Jalapeno, Celery and Red Onion, garnished with a Celery Stalk.
- Fresh "pressed" Cuban Sandwich…Mojo Roast Pork, Ham, Swiss and Dill Pickles on "Bakery" fresh Cuban bread.
- Alabama Sunset…Coconut Rum, OJ, Grapefruit & Pomegranate Juice.
- Orange Rush…Russian Standard Vodka, Orange Juice, Gran Mariner, and Grenadine served with an Orange Wedge
"We are thrilled to offer the signature flavors of our region to visiting fans," said
, Centerplate's Senior Vice President responsible for the game. "Between our signature menu offerings, impressive service upgrades and ambitious menu additions, Centerplate is ready to bring fans an extraordinary BCS Championship experience."
Centerplate will also be providing unique menu items for the senior representatives of both
which include: Shrimp Salad Tartlet, Spicy Tuna Rolls, Beef Carpaccio with Dijon Aioli & Caper, Sweet Chili glazed Shrimp & Scallop Spears, and our "Florida Straits" Paella Station, a combination of boneless chicken and fresh seafood including calamari, shrimp, mussels, & little-neck clams, a
"Port of Call" Action Station, and Fish Tacos filled with fresh grilled Mahi, shredded cabbage and Tomato-Mango Salsa.
In addition to the stadium offerings, Centerplate is also thrilled to cater 15,000 fans at the Fan Zone, a ticketed interactive event held in the tailgate area. The event will see college football fans from all over the country kicking-off game day with some of
's hottest local talent, interactive games, sports memorabilia, stage contests, food and beverage, performances from the marching bands and cheerleaders and a final performance from a headlining artist. During the Discover BCS National Championship game, Centerplate will also offer tailgate buffets to over 1,000 fans that are looking to enjoy the national championship festivities but do not have tickets for the game. Fans enjoying the buffet can see the on-field action, as it will be broadcast to the tailgate area on giant video screens.
With two of the country's most storied college football programs squaring off for the National Championship, Centerplate expects to break BCS records for food, beverage and merchandise sales for the game. There will be 18 retail locations offering a unique assortment of over 150 BCS Dueling,
and Alabama Apparel, Headwear and Novelty merchandise items. Centerplate has set an assortment of over 30 Apparel items ranging from T-shirts, Hooded Fleece, Fashion Tees, Polos and Jackets. Other unique items include Notre Dame Shamrock Lei tee, Notre Dame Kukui Nut Necklaces, foam fingers, rally towels, Alabama Houndstooth Shakers, a unique assortment of Roll Tide BCS T-shirts, as well as Houndstooth Fedoras.
This season, Centerplate hosted 11 college bowl games including the BCS National Championship Game at Sun Life Stadium in
, the Allstate Sugar Bowl in
, the Fight Hunger Bowl in
, the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl in
, and the Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman in
Throughout the year, Centerplate partners with 10 NFL clubs and 24 collegiate programs.
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across
– annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. In 2011, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at