This has been in addition to projecting significant improvements in other areas of it business, which includes gas turbine markets, food packaging and commercial transportation. Likewise, there are also plenty of growth opportunities in areas such as appliances where names such as General Electric (GE) might become a significant consumer of aluminum.
Ahead of the report, the stock looks incredibly cheap. But as I've said before, unless aluminum prices recover, we may be repeating this for the next several quarters. Alcoa today has considerable amount of value, but it requires a lot of patience for that value to be realized.
At the time of publication, the author held no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV