LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced an automotive OMAP™ processor built to bring unprecedented in-vehicle entertainment and telematics functionality to automobiles. Codenamed "Jacinto 6," the new DRA74x processor builds upon TI's proven OMAP 5 architecture to enable optimized automotive solutions, adding audio, analytics and radio accelerators, along with automobile interfaces and peripherals. Integrating automotive interfaces with the processor architecture can decrease an automotive infotainment customer's electronic bill of materials (BOM) by up to 25% or more, while delivering best-in-class performance capabilities. For more details, visit the Jacinto 6 web page.
"Today's consumers expect always-on connectedness, with information and entertainment at their fingertips in every environment – at work, at home, at play and on the road," said
Curt Moore, general manager of automotive for TI's OMAP product line. "Jacinto 6 links people, their vehicles and the world around them via rich user interfaces, 3D navigation, real-time, high-definition, (HD) video and other interactive capabilities. With TI infotainment processors designed into more than a dozen automobile manufacturers delivering feature-rich infotainment systems, TI is excited to work with our customers to drive automotive infotainment performance to the next level with Jacinto 6."
DRA74x automotive OMAP processor With the OMAP 5 architecture at its foundation – including dual ARM® Cortex™-A15 cores, dual Cortex-M4 cores and multi-Imagination Technologies' POWERVR™ SGX544-MPx graphics cores – the latest DRA74x ("Jacinto 6") processor increases ARM CPU performance up to five times and graphics (GPU) performance close to seven times as compared to the previous "Jacinto 5" offering. It also adds the following elements to the OMAP 5 processor foundation, to address specific automotive-infotainment needs:
- AEC Q100 qualification and wide-temperature support.
- Automotive interfaces: 2x CAN, MOST Media Local Bus (MLB), PCIe, Ethernet AVB, 3.3V I/Os.
- Optional 680 MHz floating-point VLIW DSP for integration of software defined radio, advanced audio and speech processing.
- Multiple high-definition camera and video input ports to enable next-generation surround-view camera and consumer devices.
- Robust software ecosystem, including support for QNX, open-source Linux, and Android.
- Pre-integration of TI's WiLink™ 8Q wireless automotive connectivity solutions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV