NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - The 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas officially opens tomorrow. But some big announcements are already making news today.
The Tegra 4 is being touted as "the world's fastest mobile processor" for notebooks, smartphones and tablets. They're calling it a quad-core device, but it really has five inner cores with that low-power, fifth core which is designed to maximize battery life.
There's no word on actual chip speeds, but we do know that the Tegra 4 does have more than 70 graphics cores. Unlike the competition (from Qualcomm (QCOM) ) this new, fourth-generation processor does not include 4G/LTE capabilities.Nvidia also announced a new, portable gaming device which will run on a Tegra 4. Dubbed Project Shield, it's also described as having a 5-inch touchscreen and capable of providing next-generation super-resolution video, via an HDMI connection, to any of the new (super expensive) "4K" TV sets being announced at CES, this week. Keep up with the latest news coming out of CES with TheStreet's live blog: --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV