Dendreon Corporation (NASDAQ: DNDN) today announced preliminary revenues for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2012. Net product revenue for the quarter is expected to be approximately $85.5 million, which includes an approximate $3.8 million favorable adjustment to the Company’s chargebacks reserve due to a change in estimate. On a pro-forma basis, excluding this adjustment, revenue for the quarter is expected to be approximately $81.6 million, up 5% on a sequential basis.
- Continued strong performance in community accounts:
- Community urology grew 25% overall quarter over quarter
- Community oncology grew 4% overall quarter over quarter
- Community accounts represent 71% of total sales, up from 58% in Q4 2011
- Natural shift away from academic, which declined 9% quarter over quarter
- Continued new physician interest in PROVENGE ® (sipuleucel-T):
- Added 61 net new accounts in the fourth quarter, bringing total number of infusing accounts to 802
“We have focused our commercial efforts on growing our community accounts, where we see the greatest long-term revenue opportunity. Having achieved our highest quarter ever for community sales, we believe that our community strategy is working,” said John H. Johnson, president, chairman and chief executive officer. “Our key account management teams, combined with improved sales execution and direct-to-patient initiatives, are contributing to the increased use of PROVENGE in community oncology and urology settings, a trend we saw beginning in the third quarter. We are pleased that physicians continue to recognize the importance of sequencing therapy options in advanced prostate cancer treatment and the key role PROVENGE can play as front-line therapy in mCRPC.”
Dendreon will present at the 31st Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco, CA, today at 3:30 p.m. PT. The presentation will be webcast live and available for replay from Dendreon's website, www.dendreon.com. If you are unable to listen to the live webcast, it will be archived on the site following the presentation. To access the replay, go to the Investor Relations section of the website.About PROVENGE PROVENGE Indication and Important Safety Information PROVENGE ® (sipuleucel-T) is an autologous cellular immunotherapy indicated for the treatment of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic metastatic castrate resistant (hormone refractory) prostate cancer. PROVENGE is intended solely for autologous use and is not routinely tested for transmissible infectious diseases.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts