-Only Desktop 3D Printer with Triple-Color Printing -Largest in Category Print Volume - As Big as a Basketball -Delivers Up to 2X Faster, Higher Definition Printing in 3 Modes
ROCK HILL, S.C., Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) unveiled today its CubeX ® , the ultimate desktop 3D printer, boasting the largest print volume in its category and triple-color printing, making it the ideal printer for tech enthusiasts, serious hobbyists, educators and entrepreneurs. The CubeX will be on display at CES, January 8 – 11, 2013, in the Las Vegas Convention Center in the Main Hall, booth 15447, and the CES MommyTech Zone, booth 71003, in the Venetian.
Need big, professional parts fast? With CubeX it's a slam-dunk. CubeX provides an intuitive consumer experience with multi-color, professional grade printability. Pricing starts at $2,499 and includes a variety of advanced features.Product Features:
- Professional Printability – CubeX can print as big as a basketball with 1,070 cubic inches of space, or 10.8" x 10.45" x 9.5". CubeX offers three times the options for print modes, including a choice of accuracy: High Definition (125 Micron), Crisp Definition (250 Micron) or Standard Definition (500 Micron), and a choice of print fill density: lite, medium or solid. CubeX prints in both PLA and ABS plastics with optional, easy peel away supports for the most complex prints.
- Print Speed – CubeX can print regulation basketball size parts in three colors up to 2X faster and in higher definition than other 3D printers in its class.
- Material Options – CubeX prints in both compostable PLA and recyclable ABS plastics, providing a range of flexibility, strength and support options for professional utility. CubeX offers multi-color choices, starting with basic single color CubeX, dual color and material CubeX Duo or the top of the line triple color, multi-material CubeX Trio. The CubeX Trio has the highest range of print options of any desktop 3D printer.
- Smart Cartridge System - MoistureLock cartridge ensures extended shelf life and total material usage, improving print quality and sustainability.The printer detects material type based on the cartridge, providing automatic settings when switching materials between ABS and PLA. The cartridges are easy to load and store while preserving the life and quality of the materials.
- Consumer Experience for Professionals – Professionals, educators and serious hobbyists deserve the same ease-of-use offered to mainstream users which is why CubeX has an easy touchscreen interface, lightning fast software, simple printing from a USB flash drive or direct USB connectivity and sleek design while delivering high speed and high definition prints in 16 color choices.
- Sustainability – CubeX users can send back empty cartridges for reuse in exchange for a discount on new cartridges and send back their used ABS and PLA prints for responsible recycling or composting. All CubeX printers are shipped locally from USA and EU distribution centers reducing freight. The new CubeX uses a heatless print pad that delivers significant power conservation compared to other 3D printers. 3D Systems is committed to making consumer 3D printing efficient, affordable, and sustainable.
- 3D Printing Services – Registering your CubeX for free on Cubify.com allows for easy hardware and software updates and immediate access to Cubify's cloud printing service, whether users store designs on Cubify ® or use cloud printing for higher quality prints and consumer products. Cube Experts offer both email and hotline support 16 hours each day from 3:00am to 8:00pm EST.