While investors oftentimes lament Amazon's spending plans, Devitt sees international e-commerce efforts as paying off over the long term, as consumer retail markets open up on the Web. "Amazon.com's China investments have weighed heavily on international profitability," concedes Devitt, who nevertheless argues, "
Overall, Morgan Stanley forecasts that e-commerce sales will grow to $1 trillion by 2016, with Amazon increasing its global market share to 23.5% from a previous estimate of 20.6%.
In other technology news, Lazard Capital markets upgraded Intel (INTC) shares to 'Buy' citing a bottoming of the chip-maker's gross margin, ultrabook sales and its attractive dividend yield. All eyes in technology will be on the Consumer Electronics Show, which is about to get underway in Las Vegas,
TheStreet is live-blogging CES:Follow @agara2004 -- Written by Antoine Gara in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV