MIPS Highlights Extensive Connected Entertainment Ecosystem For Android(TM) And More At CES
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INTERNATIONAL CES -- MIPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, today announced its lineup of technology and product demonstrations planned for International CES, being held January 8 – 11, 2013.
Demonstrations in the MIPS Technologies suite at CES are based on a number of new collaborations, including those with iWedia, a leading provider of integrated software solutions for television, including IP and related integration services; Myriad Group AG, the company powering billions of rich mobile social and web experiences on any connected device, and numerous others.
Ecosystem and Technology Highlights:
- iWedia's Android4TV solution, an open extension to the Android™ framework that natively integrates DTV services for European consumer electronics, enabling full end-user experience of traditional Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) services such as TTX, EPG, MHEG, HbbTV and CI+; MIPS will demonstrate interactive functionality such as second-screen related content viewing, channel previews, content-aware search capabilities and more
- Myriad's Connect & Share, software that allows subscribers to share protected premium content with DTCP-IP between any device connected to the home network, including MIPS-Based™ tablets, smartphones, DTVs, set-top boxes (STBs), game consoles and Blu-ray™ players
- Myriad's Alien Vue, software that enables Android applications to run on set-top-boxes (STBs) and DTVs alongside existing TV functions – Alien Vue provides STB or DTV manufacturers a complete end-to-end ecosystem that requires no additional hardware, and works seamlessly with mobile phones and tablets
- Applications and games running on MIPS-Based devices, including Opera Software's new Opera TV Store, Gameloft games including Let's Golf! 3 HD+, Hero of Sparta HD+, and UNO™ HD, Marmalade games including Feed the Frog, Rolly Poly, Coconut Dodge, Space Tap and Tonga, plus apps and content from Antix and more
- YoYo Games' GameMaker: Studio™ MIPS™ Edition, an exclusive version of YoYo Games' popular 2D development suite for game developers, created by YoYo Games for MIPS-Based devices
- Microchip Technology's MIPS-Based 32-bit PIC32 GUI Development Board with Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Touch, a multi-touch platform that enables designers to develop cost-effective graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with touch, for a broad range of home appliance, automotive, industrial and media applications
- SAI Technology's multi-threaded LTE baseband stack for mobile user equipment, harnessing the power of MIPS' multi-threaded CPUs to scale performance in video streaming applications over a mobile radio access network
- The new MIPS-Based JZ4780 SoC from Ingenic Semiconductor, offering high performance, advanced graphics and other new functionality, along with ultra-low power consumption; MIPS and Ingenic will demonstrate the JZ4780 in a new 10" Android 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet
- iPPea TV, a MIPS-Based Android 4.0 dongle that brings the new Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV, highlighting platform extensions as well as a new TV-centric GUI developed using the FancyPants® multimedia framework from Fluffy Spider Technologies
- New MIPS-Based home entertainment products including the Slingbox® 350, the PlayStation® Nasne, a VIZIO CinemaWide® HDTV, and numerous other MIPS-Based digital home, networking and mobile products
- New commercially available Android set-top boxes from Korea's InnoPia Technologies, Inc.— leveraging MIPS-Based SoCs from Sigma Designs and Broadcom
- A Bluetooth demo highlighting the audio capabilities of the MIPS-Based T7 tablet from Philips
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV