MIPS Highlights Extensive Connected Entertainment Ecosystem For Android(TM) And More At CES
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INTERNATIONAL CES -- MIPS Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for home entertainment, networking, mobile and embedded applications, today announced its lineup of technology and product demonstrations planned for International CES, being held January 8 – 11, 2013.
Demonstrations in the MIPS Technologies suite at CES are based on a number of new collaborations, including those with iWedia, a leading provider of integrated software solutions for television, including IP and related integration services; Myriad Group AG, the company powering billions of rich mobile social and web experiences on any connected device, and numerous others.
Ecosystem and Technology Highlights:
- iWedia's Android4TV solution, an open extension to the Android™ framework that natively integrates DTV services for European consumer electronics, enabling full end-user experience of traditional Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) services such as TTX, EPG, MHEG, HbbTV and CI+; MIPS will demonstrate interactive functionality such as second-screen related content viewing, channel previews, content-aware search capabilities and more
- Myriad's Connect & Share, software that allows subscribers to share protected premium content with DTCP-IP between any device connected to the home network, including MIPS-Based™ tablets, smartphones, DTVs, set-top boxes (STBs), game consoles and Blu-ray™ players
- Myriad's Alien Vue, software that enables Android applications to run on set-top-boxes (STBs) and DTVs alongside existing TV functions – Alien Vue provides STB or DTV manufacturers a complete end-to-end ecosystem that requires no additional hardware, and works seamlessly with mobile phones and tablets
- Applications and games running on MIPS-Based devices, including Opera Software's new Opera TV Store, Gameloft games including Let's Golf! 3 HD+, Hero of Sparta HD+, and UNO™ HD, Marmalade games including Feed the Frog, Rolly Poly, Coconut Dodge, Space Tap and Tonga, plus apps and content from Antix and more
- YoYo Games' GameMaker: Studio™ MIPS™ Edition, an exclusive version of YoYo Games' popular 2D development suite for game developers, created by YoYo Games for MIPS-Based devices
- Microchip Technology's MIPS-Based 32-bit PIC32 GUI Development Board with Projected Capacitive (PCAP) Touch, a multi-touch platform that enables designers to develop cost-effective graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with touch, for a broad range of home appliance, automotive, industrial and media applications
- SAI Technology's multi-threaded LTE baseband stack for mobile user equipment, harnessing the power of MIPS' multi-threaded CPUs to scale performance in video streaming applications over a mobile radio access network
- The new MIPS-Based JZ4780 SoC from Ingenic Semiconductor, offering high performance, advanced graphics and other new functionality, along with ultra-low power consumption; MIPS and Ingenic will demonstrate the JZ4780 in a new 10" Android 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet
- iPPea TV, a MIPS-Based Android 4.0 dongle that brings the new Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV, highlighting platform extensions as well as a new TV-centric GUI developed using the FancyPants® multimedia framework from Fluffy Spider Technologies
- New MIPS-Based home entertainment products including the Slingbox® 350, the PlayStation® Nasne, a VIZIO CinemaWide® HDTV, and numerous other MIPS-Based digital home, networking and mobile products
- New commercially available Android set-top boxes from Korea's InnoPia Technologies, Inc.— leveraging MIPS-Based SoCs from Sigma Designs and Broadcom
- A Bluetooth demo highlighting the audio capabilities of the MIPS-Based T7 tablet from Philips
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.