Surprise No. 14: Procter & Gamble splits apart into three separate companies and Avon Products is courted.
Another activist hedge fund investor joins Bill Ackman's Pershing Square and acquires a large position in Procter & Gamble (PG - Get Report). Under pressure from an expanding shareholder group, Procter & Gamble decides to split into three separate entities. The shares rise by $7-$10 a share on the announcement.
As was the case of Procter & Gamble, several activist investors pressure Avon Products (AVP) to consider being acquired.
Strategy: Long PG and AVP and out-of-the-money calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV